The Panasonic BT-LH1710E is a 17" widescreen monitor designed for broadcast and studio applications. It utilizes advanced processing technology to reproduce images with color and contrast qualities once found only in CRT monitors. This model is capable of displaying all the HDTV formats and frame rates as well as being NTSC and PAL systems compatible.
- Diagonal Line Compensation
- A special circuit compensating for noise caused from diagonal lines has been developed for the BT-LH1710W. This processing reduces the occurrences of jagged noise in the diagonal direction, not just vertically in the field, by detecting correlations and making optimal interpolations.
- Color Space Conversion
- The BT-LH1710E uses a technology to produce the same EBU-based colors as CRT monitors. Colors on CRTs appear different from those in LCD monitors due to slight differences in the monitor's chromatic range. Color-Space Conversion compensates for these differences.
- Analog and Digital Inputs
- This monitor is compatible with multiple HD and SD formats. Two SDI inputs with automatic switching between HD and SD comes standard. The monitor is also equipped with one SDI output, a Component input (Y/Pb/Pr) with RGB switching, Y/C and Composite Video. The RGB input selection is compatible with computer input.
- Waveform Monitoring
- Here's a custom feature: BT-LH1710E will display the input signal as a waveform image. The waveform monitor screen can be picture-in-picture on top the video image and the overlay picture can be placed in any of the screen's four corners.
- Split Screen
- A frame of video can easily be frozen and displayed as a still image on the left side of the screen. This function can be utilized to match a live camera with a frame of video shot at an earlier time or with a different camera. There are two display modes: FULL for displaying and comparing the entire image on the screen, and PART for displaying and comparing only the center part of the images
The versatile BT-LH1710 provides production-tough, HD broadcast-quality performance for a wide range of applications whether in the studio or in the field.
Building on the performance of its predecessor, the BT-LH1700W, the LH1710 incorporates the latest panel and image processing technology to provide higher contrast, improved black levels, and more functionality, at a price that fits your budget. The LH1710's new 1280 x 768 In-Plane Switching (IPS) panel delivers broadcast- quality video reproduction with 10-bit image processing for improved color performance. The monitor's newly-designed image processing engine has a 3D look-up table (LUT) that calibrates it to reproduce accurate images according to the specific color standard selected.
The LH1710 adds a wider range of essential functions including built-in embedded audio support, vectorscope, pixel-to-pixel display, cross hatch overlay, audio level meters (up to 8 channels), time code, headphone jack and five function buttons, in addition to the built-in waveform monitor that many professionals found invaluable in the BT-LH1700W.
The LH1710 is equipped with two HD-SDI/SDI auto-switching inputs with a switched output, and a DVI-D input for connection to digital devices with a DVI-D output.
- 1280 x 768 Resolution (WXGA)
- AC/DC operation for field or studio use
- Cine-gamma (Film-Rec) compensation function for use with cameras including the Panasonic AJ-HPX3700 and AJ-HPX2700 P2 HD VariCam camcorders and the AJ-HDC27 VariCam HD Cinema Camera
- Waveform monitor and vectorscope displays all picture lines (via HD-SDI / SDI input)
- Audio level meters can be displayed as 2-ch , 4-ch , 8-ch, or shut off completely (+ 0 dB limit mark (on/off))
- Displays a variety of time code information: Time Code (SDI & HD-SDI) LTC (Linear Time Code), VITC (Vertical Interval Time Code), LUB (User Bits among Linear Time Code), VUB (User Bits among Vertical Time Code)
- Additional features include built-in embedded audio decoder (via speakers and headphone jack), RS-232C and GPI remote control terminals and tally indicators (Red/Green/Amber)
- Marker and blue-only function
- Five assignable function buttons for quick and easy access to features
- Wide 176° horizontal and vertical viewing angle
- Durable, die cast aluminum frame
- Quiet operation (No cooling fan)
- Headphone jack and built-in stereo speakers
- VESA mounting capability and desk stand included